Back to Study Notes
The Anointing: What It Is and How It Works
Author: Dr. Creflo A. Dollar
The anointing, or divine enablement, removes burdens and destroys yokes. It enables people to do better in life than they could without the anointing. The anointing is a “performance enhancer” and is the master key to accomplishment and fulfillment in the life of a Christian.
- The anointing is the master key to accomplishment and fulfillment.
- The anointing removes burdens and destroys yokes, and it is a “performance enhancer” (Luke 4:18; Isaiah 10:27).
- The level of anointing you have determines your level of productivity.
- You don’t need the anointing if you are not doing anything.
- It is because of the anointing that you can be like God in the demonstration of power.
- The anointing is an outflow of the Holy Spirit through a human vessel.
- When God is with you, you are anointed.
- You are anointed for a mission.
- You can’t occupy your throne without the anointing.
- You must exercise the anointing in your life if you want to see it increase.
- Lack of use brings decay.
- Active use of the anointing increases maturity.
- There are three different levels of the anointing.
- The first level is the “well level” (John 4:1-14) and is the level of the indwelling Holy Spirit in a person’s life at the point of the new birth.
- The second level is the “river level” (John 7:37-39) and occurs at the point of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is the initiation into spiritual depth. It brings about identification with God.
- Both rivers and wells are subject to “climatic” changes.
- With what and whom you associate determines whether or not your “well” and “river” are full—how much Word are you getting?
- There are certain activities that cannot take place in a well or a river without their being full of water—you must make sure that your well and river do not run dry.
- Rivers make deposits along the way; likewise, you can’t be at the river level and be selfish.
- The anointing is not for you, but for others.
- Increase can’t happen in the life of a selfish person.
- The third level is the “rain level.”
- Rain is the equivalent of the anointing.
- If you want your well and river to be full, you must have rain.
- God promised to rain His power on His people (Zechariah 10:1); He promised a storm of anointing (Joel 2:23-27).
- Rain is symbolic of the release of God’s power; it makes performance possible.
- The amount of anointing you have determines the amount of people you can carry with you.
- Ask God for rain and He will give it.
- The anointing comes after the Baptism of the Holy Spirit occurs (Acts 4:8, 29-31).
- The disciples had already been baptized in the Holy Spirit; the power of God showed up afterward, and they all spoke in tongues.
- The anointing is what fills the water levels in your life.
- Luke 4:18
- Isaiah 10:27
- John 4:1-14
- John 7:37-39
- Zechariah 10:1
- Joel 2:23-27
- Acts 4:8, 29-31
Back to Study Notes